The Year 1956, FOUNDER OF CHILLI CRAB , Mr. Lim Choon Ngee started his seafood restaurant along the Kallang River with just a couple of kerosene lamps, wooden tables and stools. Seafood was cook by using open charcoal fire during that time. As the number of seafood lovers grew, the restaurant then relocated themselves to Bedok Beach (before the reclamation of land, now – ECP) along Upper East Coast Road.
Mr. Lim served not only the finest quality food, but also the most generous helpings of food. Seafood dishes were kept to a minimum to simplify his operation. His specialties were, of
course his creation, the Chilli Crab accompanied by local Crusty French Loft for sauce dipping, Black Sauce Prawns, Sambal Mussel, Fried Crispy Baby Squid, Teochew Style Steam Fish and not forgetting Cockles dip with Home Made Mum’s Chilli Sauce, prepared by Mrs. Lim.
Mr. Lim Seafood Restaurant soon earned a reputation purely by the word of mouth. Up till today, the food consistently earns the highest praise.
In 1985, Mr. and Mrs. Lim together with the family decided to immigrate to Christchurch, New Zealand, selling off part of his restaurant shares and leaving the remaining shares to his son, Mr. Roland Lim whom NOW, together with wife, Lilian and younger brother Richard operates their LATEST three in one Restaurant – Seafood, Cantonese and Tim Sum Dishes – at Block 89, Marine Parade Central, #06-750 with a seating capacities of 1100 person.
- Address89 Marine Parade Central, Singapore 440089
- CategoryChinese Restaurant Wedding Venue
- Tagswedding, Roland Restaurant, Takes Reservations, Walk-Ins Welcome, Good For Groups, Good For Kids, Take Out and Catering
- By adminadmin
- Email: [email protected]
Theme Settings > Item Pages > Contact > Contact Form ID
Wedding Dinner Package
The package will include the followings:
20 tables and above:
1) Elaborate wedding decorations on the stage, fresh floral stands and misty dry ice effect to enhance your entrance.
2) A five tier champagne glass fountain with a bottle of champagne for toasting.
3) Grand wedding cake model.
4) Complementary free flow of soft drinks & chinese tea throughout dinner.
5) A 50% discount is given for a delightful food tasting for a table of minimum 10pax.
6) Waiver of service charge.
7) Waiver of corkage charge for duty paid hard liquor.
8) Special price for house wine.
9) Full length seat covers for all chairs.
10) Complimentary wedding invitation cards up to 70% of the guests.
Extra Perks for 30 tables and above
1. A delightful food tasting arrangement for 10 persons.
2. Free usage of projector throughout dinner.
3. A beautiful guest’s book for reception.